Ottawa 2012 Draft Operating Budget Presented to Council
The Draft operating budget has been just released and it can be accessed by clicking here.
Budget Highlights for Kanata South
- Budget 2012 provides funding to renew infrastructure in City Parks, including 508,000 for Soho Park
- In Mayor Watson’s Budget address while discussing Ottawa on the Move he said “We will do the Stonehaven and Eagleson widening, the Eagleson turn lanes at Fernbank, intersections at Bridlewood and Steeplechase, improvements to Baseline, Huntmar, Carp Road and more than a dozen other resurfacing projects.”
- Eagleson Road from Cope Drive to Hazeldean Road, and the entire length of Palomino Drive will be resurfaced.
- Sidewalk improvements to Stonehaven Drive from Harness Lane to Bridlewood Drive, Emerald Meadows Drive from Eagleson Road to Pebble Creek Cresent, McCurdy Drive from Naismith Crescent to Dorey Court, McKitrick Drive from Rickey place to Sumner Street, Terry Fox to Eagleson Road
- $24.2 million for initiatives including Glen Cairn storm pumping station, backwater valves, sump pumps, storm drainage system improvements, Hazeldean pumping station improvements, Peary culvert replacement, Vanstone ditch and sewer upgrades.
- Transit Fare increase held to 2.5 percent
- 2.3 million will be targeted at busy routes such as the 96