New Project for 2017

One of my favourite projects as community association president was to collect pictures and stories of people in our community to document our history.  This became the basis for the History of Glen Cairn that is available at the library.

KS2017

As a 2017 project I am pleased to invite you to join me in documenting the people, places and activities that make Kanata South a great place to live, work and play.  

Please send me your ideas of who you think should be highlighted in our book and why. Who do you feel makes our community special?  It can be a Teacher, a business owner, a coach or your neighbour.  If you want to put more than one person forward – please do so as we all know that a community has many people that make it special.

We also want to know what places and activities you believe are special.  Maybe it is a local business, your favourite place to eat, a park or maybe it is the piano in the gazebo by the pond at the KRC.  

We will gather all your responses and compile them into a memory book available to everyone and placed in the Library for future generations to have a snapshot of what made Kanata South special in 2017.

I am talking to potential community partners for this project and will have more news on the project in the weeks and months ahead.  You can email me your ideas and pictures at allan.hubley@ottawa.ca

Be a part of History!

Don’t miss your chance to submit content for the Kanata South 2017 memory book.  Please take a moment to answer the below questions by copy and pasting your responses and sending via email to Allan.Hubley@Ottawa.ca with any photos you’d like included.  If you have numerous photos to submit or can’t send them electronically, please contact my office by emailing or calling 613-580-2752 and we can try to make arrangements to help.

1. Who do you think should be highlighted in our book and why?  Who makes our community special? Could be a teacher, a business owner, etc.
  1. What is your favourite part of Kanata South?  Could be an area, park, business, favourite place to eat etc.
  1. Do you have a special memory that took place in Kanata South?  Tell us about it!  Ideas could include Grand Openings, special events, community events etc.

Please don’t forget to include:

Name:

Address:

How long have you lived in Kanata South?  If you have moved from the area and used to live in Kanata South and want to share a memory, please indicate the street you lived on at the time.