- OC Transpo
- Hydro Ottawa
- Other Projects
- Road Work
- Transportation Master Plan
- Highway 417 expansion
- Hope Side Road and Eagleson Road Intersection Modification
- Roundabout at Stonehaven and Steeple Chase/Bridgestone
- Stonehaven and Eagleson Widening Project
- Stonehaven Drive and Bridlepark Drive Intersection Notice to Commence Work
- Terence Matthews Crescent: Authorization to Close Street
- Terry Fox Drive and Westphalian Avenue Proposed Modification
- Terry Fox Proposed Roadway Modification – 525 metres south of Fernbank Road
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- Abbeyhill Area Rehabilitation
- Barrow Cr. Overland Flow
- Castlefrank Rd. Regrading & Laurie Ct.
- Clarence Maheral Park Earth Berm
- Dog Bone Berm
- Hazeldean Pumping Station Improvements
- Hazeldean Road, Abbotsford Road and Morrena Road Regrading
- Inlet Control Devices
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Dunoon Place
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Oakburn Road
- Peary Way Earth Berm
- Protective Plumbing Program
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- West-End Flooding Investigation Report – January 2010
- Hazeldean Watermain
- Coyote Sightings: What to do?
- On Street Parking Regulations
- Parks and Recreation
- Pedestrian Safety Evaluation Program
- Snow Go Program
- Solid Waste Collection
- Speed Board
- Speed Humps Pilot Project
- Allan in News
- April, 2014
- February, 2014
- January 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- March 2014
- May 2014
- November, 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- 2013 Photos
- About Allan
Week in Review
Public Information Session
Banning Road, Abbotsford Road, Balbair Road and Singal Street Integrated Road, Sewer and Watermain Rehabilitation.
On Wednesday November 26th there will be a public information session to discuss a project that is scheduled for construction on the above mentioned roads. The open house will take place from 5:00pm-8:30 pm at the Kanata Recreation Complex, Hall A, 100 Walter Baker Place.
Construction is planned to begin in spring 2015 and the underground and road work is expected to be completed by the end of fall 2015 with landscaping work in the spring of 2015.
Holiday Craft Fairs and Bazaars
It’s the time of year again for community craft fairs and bazaars! Below is a listing of some of the events going on around the community this coming weekend. Hope to see you at some of these great events!
Friday November 21st:
- St. Paul’s Anglican Church Annual Christmas Bazaar, 20 Young Rd. 4:00-8:00pm.
Saturday November 22nd:
- Elizabeth Bruyere School 1st Christmas Bazaar, 100 Stonehaven Dr… 9am-3pm
- Bridlewood Trails 2014 Christmas Bazaar, 480 Brigitta St…9am-1pm
- Kanata Senior’s Centre Ladies Craft Sale, Hazeldean Mall…9am-3pm
- W.O. Mitchell’s Craft Fair and Silent Auction, 80 Steeplechase Dr…10am-1pm
- St. Paul’s Anglican Church Annual Christmas Bazaar, 20 Young Rd… 10am-2pm
Winter Parking Restrictions
Winter overnight parking restrictions will be in effect from November 15 until April 1
The City of Ottawa is reminding residents that winter overnight parking restrictions are in effect beginning Saturday, November 15. These restrictions ensure that the City’s snow-clearing crews are able to keep Ottawa’s roads safe and clear.
Between November 15 and April 1, when 7 cm or more of snowfall is forecast by Environment Canada, overnight parking restrictions go into effect (between 1am and 7am). The City of Ottawa will announce parking restrictions through ottawa.ca and the City’s Twitter account @ottawacity.
Vehicles parked on the street when a restriction is in effect will be ticketed. Vehicle owners who have a municipal on-street parking permit are exempt from winter overnight parking restrictions.
Sunday November 30th: Once again this year the GCCA and I will be hosting our annual Tree Lighting on Castlefrank Road by the tennis courts. Event starts at 6pm… I hope to see you there!
Community Wagon Rides:
Once again this year I am happy to be hosting community wagon rides around Kanata South! This year we have added an additional night of rides.
- Tuesday December 16th, 6:30-8:30pm leaving from the Eva James Community Centre, 65 Stonehaven Drive.
- Wednesday December 17th, 6:00-8:00pm leaving from Castlefrank Elementary School, 55 McCurdy Drive.
- Thursday December 18th, 6:00-8:00pm leaving from St. Martin de Porres Elementary School, 20 McKitrick Drive
Working for Kanata South:
It is my privilege to serve as your Councillor. Please feel free to contact my office with any concerns or comments, by phone: 613-580-2752, or by email: Allan.Hubley@ottawa.ca. You can visit my website for more information: www.councillorallanhubley.ca or follow me on Twitter: @AllanHubley_23.