- OC Transpo
- Hydro Ottawa
- Other Projects
- Road Work
- Transportation Master Plan
- Highway 417 expansion
- Hope Side Road and Eagleson Road Intersection Modification
- Roundabout at Stonehaven and Steeple Chase/Bridgestone
- Stonehaven and Eagleson Widening Project
- Stonehaven Drive and Bridlepark Drive Intersection Notice to Commence Work
- Terence Matthews Crescent: Authorization to Close Street
- Terry Fox Drive and Westphalian Avenue Proposed Modification
- Terry Fox Proposed Roadway Modification – 525 metres south of Fernbank Road
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- Abbeyhill Area Rehabilitation
- Barrow Cr. Overland Flow
- Castlefrank Rd. Regrading & Laurie Ct.
- Clarence Maheral Park Earth Berm
- Dog Bone Berm
- Hazeldean Pumping Station Improvements
- Hazeldean Road, Abbotsford Road and Morrena Road Regrading
- Inlet Control Devices
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Dunoon Place
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Oakburn Road
- Peary Way Earth Berm
- Protective Plumbing Program
- Hazeldean Watermain
- Coyote Sightings: What to do?
- On Street Parking Regulations
- Parks and Recreation
- Pedestrian Safety Evaluation Program
- Snow Go Program
- Solid Waste Collection
- Speed Board
- Speed Humps Pilot Project
- Allan in News
- February, 2014
- January 2014
- 2013 Photos
- About Allan
February 27th, 2014
Week in Review
Last week Canada Post announced that Kanata South will be one of the first areas to be converted to community mailboxes.
Customers with postal codes beginning with K2K, K2L and K2M, who do not already have a community mailbox, will be converted to community mailboxes by the fall of 2014.
Canada Post states that they understand that some seniors and disabled Canadians may not be able to get to their community mailbox, and they are in the process of developing solutions.
Please be assured that I will be working with the community associations around the ward to set up a system that will ensure that any resident who needs help retrieving their weekly mail will have assistance from someone in the community.
Residents with questions or who would like more information about community mailboxes can contact Canada Post at 1-866-607-6301. Residents who feel that they may need assistance, or those who can volunteer to help, can contact my office at (613)580-2752, or via e-mail at email@example.com.
On Street Parking
I have mentioned in past columns and my newsletters that on street parking continues to be an issue throughout the ward. I have been hearing more and more from residents about their frustration with cars being parked in ways that are not in compliance with the City of Ottawa’s on-street parking regulations.
Fire Services, waste management, snow removal trucks and ambulances have all been having difficulty getting past cars that are parked either too far away from curbs/snow banks or cars parked illegally on both sides of the road. In the winter months it is extremely important to follow all on-street parking regulations to ensure that the road remains clear so that emergency vehicles can get through when needed.
Last week we saw warmer temperatures and a considerable amount of rain. While city crews were out clearing catchbasins in the days leading up to the rain, I would like to encourage residents to please keep watch for pooling water on your street, and if possible clear away any obstructions around the catch basins or report pooling water to 3-1-1.
• Wednesday March 5th will be my 3rd annual International Women’s Day Celebration. The event will be held at Don Cherry’s restaurant from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Featured speakers for the event are Kristina Kiss of the Canadian women’s soccer team, Michelle Taggart, Director of Development at Taggart Investments and radio broadcasters Jenni and Josie from Hot 89.9’s Morning Hot Tub.
• Monday March 24th I would like to invite all volunteers that have participated in past Cleaning the Capital campaigns to join me for a Kanata South Cleaning the Capital Volunteer Reception that I will be hosting at the Eva James Centre, in the front lobby, from 7:00-8:30pm. There will be refreshments and prizes to celebrate all of the wonderful volunteers who have helped us to keep our ward beautiful!
Working for Kanata South:
It is my privilege to serve as your Councillor. Please feel free to contact my office with any concerns or comments, by phone: 613-580-2752, or by email: Allan.Hubley@ottawa.ca. You can visit my website for more information: www.councillorallanhubley.ca or follow me on Twitter: @AllanHubley_23.