- OC Transpo
- Fernbank Trunk – TCT at Terry Fox
- Hydro Ottawa
- Monahan Drain Retrofit Project
- Other Projects
- Road Work
- Highway 417 expansion
- Hope Side Road and Eagleson Road Intersection Modification
- Roundabout at Stonehaven and Steeple Chase/Bridgestone
- Stonehaven and Eagleson Widening Project
- Stonehaven Drive and Bridlepark Drive Intersection Notice to Commence Work
- Terence Matthews Crescent: Authorization to Close Street
- Terry Fox Drive and Westphalian Avenue Proposed Modification
- Terry Fox Proposed Roadway Modification – 525 metres south of Fernbank Road
- Transportation Master Plan
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- Abbeyhill Area Rehabilitation
- Barrow Cr. Overland Flow
- Castlefrank Rd. Regrading & Laurie Ct.
- Clarence Maheral Park Earth Berm
- Dog Bone Berm
- Hazeldean Pumping Station Improvements
- Hazeldean Road, Abbotsford Road and Morrena Road Regrading
- Inlet Control Devices
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Dunoon Place
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Oakburn Road
- Peary Way Earth Berm
- Protective Plumbing Program
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- West-End Flooding Investigation Report – January 2010
- Hazeldean Watermain
- Coyote Sightings: What to do?
- On Street Parking Regulations
- Parks and Recreation
- Pedestrian Safety Evaluation Program
- Snow Go Program
- Solid Waste Collection
- Speed Board
- Speed Humps Pilot Project
- Allan in News
- January, 2015
- February, 2015
- March, 2015
- April. 2015
- May, 2015
- June 2015
- July, 2015
- 2014 Photos
- 2013 Photos
- 2012 Photos
- 2011 Photos
- About Allan
Week in Review
Every year the Bridlewood Community Association gives out a Sports Achievement Award to an athlete over the age of 16 who demonstrates excellence in sport. Nominations for the Paul Van Steen Sports Achievement Award are now being accepted and the award will be presented at their Annual General Meeting on September 15th. Details can be found at www.bridlewood.ca.
Commemorative Street Namings
I have mentioned in a past column that we have 3 new street names that are in recognition of long time Kanata South residents who have played a large role over the years to better our community…below is more information about the contributions of Ted and Dinah Davies.
Ted and Dinah Davies
Ted and Dinah were early residents of Glen Cairn. For about the first two decades of Glen Cairn’s existence, they spent many hours building Glen Cairn sports facilities, and a sports community. They hammered to build outdoor rinks, shovelled, scraped and flooded them to keep them in good condition.They created ball diamonds, maintained them and refereed and umpired and incredible number of games. They coached multiple teams, in several sports at all levels, helping to build the teams of today.
The first community communication, “The Glen Cairn Piper” was typed and duplicated on a stencil machine in their basement and collated around their kitchen table.
As a professional draughtsman, Ted greatly influenced the design of the Glen Cairn Arena, which at its time was probably the most advanced in the whole Ottawa area.
Thank you to Ted and Dinah for their contributions to our community. I am pleased to announce that Clarendon Circle has been changed to Davies Court in their honour.
Pianos in the Park/KRC Fitness Park Opening
This Saturday, Kanata South will be getting a new addition to the Walter Baker Park! On July 25th, there will be a Piano installed in the gazebo in the park that will be open to all members of the community to enjoy! We will be celebrating this new amenity with the community and a mural artist will be present to paint the Glenview logo on the piano in recognition of our generous sponsor Glenview Homes!
This exciting event will be combined with our Grand Opening of the KRC Fitness Park. We are pleased to have Fitness for Freedom join us again for a demonstration on different uses of the new outdoor equipment and answer any questions you may have.
Fitness Park Opening: 11:00am
Mural Painting on the Piano: 12:00pm
I hope you can join us at Walter Baker Park (100 Charlie Rogers Place) this Saturday!
August 30th: Young’s Pond Grand Re-Opening Celebration…Event will be noon to 3pm and will have a community BBQ, prizes and entertainment! This project has been 4 years of work and I hope you can join us! More details to come…
Working for Kanata South:
It is my privilege to serve as your Councillor. Please feel free to contact my office with any concerns or comments, by phone: 613-580-2752, or by email: Allan.Hubley@ottawa.ca. You can visit my website for more information: www.councillorallanhubley.ca or follow me on Twitter: @AllanHubley_23