- OC Transpo
- Fernbank Trunk – TCT at Terry Fox
- Hydro Ottawa
- Monahan Drain Retrofit Project
- Other Projects
- Road Work
- Highway 417 expansion
- Hope Side Road and Eagleson Road Intersection Modification
- Roundabout at Stonehaven and Steeple Chase/Bridgestone
- Stonehaven and Eagleson Widening Project
- Stonehaven Drive and Bridlepark Drive Intersection Notice to Commence Work
- Terence Matthews Crescent: Authorization to Close Street
- Terry Fox Drive and Westphalian Avenue Proposed Modification
- Terry Fox Proposed Roadway Modification – 525 metres south of Fernbank Road
- Transportation Master Plan
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- Abbeyhill Area Rehabilitation
- Barrow Cr. Overland Flow
- Castlefrank Rd. Regrading & Laurie Ct.
- Clarence Maheral Park Earth Berm
- Dog Bone Berm
- Hazeldean Pumping Station Improvements
- Hazeldean Road, Abbotsford Road and Morrena Road Regrading
- Inlet Control Devices
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Dunoon Place
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Oakburn Road
- Peary Way Earth Berm
- Protective Plumbing Program
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- West-End Flooding Investigation Report – January 2010
- Hazeldean Watermain
- Coyote Sightings: What to do?
- On Street Parking Regulations
- Parks and Recreation
- Pedestrian Safety Evaluation Program
- Snow Go Program
- Solid Waste Collection
- Speed Board
- Speed Humps Pilot Project
- Allan in News
- January, 2015
- February, 2015
- March, 2015
- April, 2015
- May, 2015
- June, 2015
- July, 2015
- August, 2015
- September, 2015
- October, 2015
- November, 2015
- 2014 Photos
- 2013 Photos
- 2012 Photos
- 2011 Photos
- About Allan
ANNUAL TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH 2015
Week in Review
Thank you to all the volunteers who make our Kanata South Christmas parade such a great annual event. Thank you to the residents from all over that come out to view the parade and an extra special thanks to the resident on Castlefrank who has homemade cookies for us every year!
Thanks to Mayor Watson, Councillors Wilkinson, El-Chantriy, Qadri and his wife as representatives of Council for joining the parade this year. I am honoured to be part of the City of Ottawa council and I have also enjoyed walking the parade for last ten years. I appreciate the opportunity to give treat bags to kids along the route and to say thanks to as many people as possible for the amazing privilege of representing our community.
I would also like to thank Cindy Cutts and her Proud to be Me Team for helping to organize our first Proud to be Me Parent Information Night. This event was a great success with Dr. Maggie Mamen joining us for an informative presentation. Thank you to all who attended and all the volunteers from various resource groups who were on hand to share valuable information with parents.
Monahan Drain Update
As you are most aware the Monahan Upgrade Project started last fall in 2014, and I wanted to take the opportunity to provide you with an update. The Project is proceeding according to budget and schedule and is expected to be complete in the Spring of 2017. The large black bags on-site contain sediment and organic material from the bottom of the stormwater facility. These bags will be covered with soil and the area will be landscaped after the bags have sufficiently dewatered. The fine/organic material was unable to be excavated using traditional excavation equipment.
The development of the Monahan Landing subdivision didn’t affect public access to the stormwater management facility. The upgrade works began the fall of 2014, and works in 2015 have included earth moving, in-water dredging, installation of pipes, installation of new culvert at Hope Side Road and rough grading. Work scheduled in 2016 will include all landscaping consisting of in-water plantings, trees, shrubs, fences and pathway improvements. To ensure public safety, pathway closures will be in effect throughout the period of active construction, which is expected to be complete in 2017.
November 21st: Kanata Symphony Orchestra Concert at 7:30pm at the Glen Cairn United Church. For details please go to www.kanatasymphony.ca.
December 5th: 24th Annual Christmas Cookie Walk, Craft Fair, Silent Auction, and Tea Room 9am until noon. Glen Cairn United Church, 140 Abbeyhill Dr., Kanata
December 5th and 6th: The West Ottawa Ladies Chorus in concert with the West Ottawa Chorale performs “Christmas Around the World”. Sat. Dec. 5th at 7pm and Sun. Dec. 6th at 2:30pm at St. Paul’s Anglican Church, 20 Young Road. Tickets, $20 at the door.
December 26th: Kanata South Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Glen Cairn Tennis Club on Castlefrank Road at 6:00 PM.
Working for Kanata South:
It is my privilege to serve as your Councillor. Please feel free to contact my office with any concerns or comments, by phone: 613-580-2752, or by email: Allan.Hubley@ottawa.ca