- OC Transpo
- Fernbank Trunk – TCT at Terry Fox
- Hydro Ottawa
- Monahan Drain Retrofit Project
- Other Projects
- Road Work
- Highway 417 expansion
- Hope Side Road and Eagleson Road Intersection Modification
- Roundabout at Stonehaven and Steeple Chase/Bridgestone
- Stonehaven and Eagleson Widening Project
- Stonehaven Drive and Bridlepark Drive Intersection Notice to Commence Work
- Terence Matthews Crescent: Authorization to Close Street
- Terry Fox Drive and Westphalian Avenue Proposed Modification
- Terry Fox Proposed Roadway Modification – 525 metres south of Fernbank Road
- Transportation Master Plan
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- Abbeyhill Area Rehabilitation
- Barrow Cr. Overland Flow
- Castlefrank Rd. Regrading & Laurie Ct.
- Clarence Maheral Park Earth Berm
- Dog Bone Berm
- Hazeldean Pumping Station Improvements
- Hazeldean Road, Abbotsford Road and Morrena Road Regrading
- Inlet Control Devices
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Dunoon Place
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Oakburn Road
- Peary Way Earth Berm
- Protective Plumbing Program
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- West-End Flooding Investigation Report – January 2010
- Hazeldean Watermain
- Coyote Sightings: What to do?
- On Street Parking Regulations
- Parks and Recreation
- Pedestrian Safety Evaluation Program
- Snow Go Program
- Solid Waste Collection
- Speed Board
- Speed Humps Pilot Project
- Allan in News
- January, 2015
- February, 2015
- March, 2015
- April. 2015
- May, 2015
- June 2015
- July, 2015
- August, 2015
- September 2015
- October, 2015
- 2014 Photos
- 2013 Photos
- 2012 Photos
- 2011 Photos
- About Allan
Week in Review
I would like to thank the residents who came out this past weekend to spruce up the Cairns on Castlefrank Road at Hazeldean as part of the Cleaning the Capital campaign. The Cairns are a significant part of Glen Cairn’s unique history. To find out why, visit the Hazeldean Library and ask for the History of Glen Cairn by Emma McLellan.
Cleaning the Capital
I would like to encourage residents to please register your community clean dates at www.ottawa.ca or by calling 3-1-1. The fall campaign runs from September 15th to October 15th and you have until October 31st to submit your clean report. Kanata South has won the fall the Capital award 4 times for most volunteers…let’s set a record and make it 5! Please let my office know when your clean up is scheduled and we will do our best to visit with giveaways and to thank you for your efforts in keeping our community clean, green, litter and graffiti-free, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Budget Consultations
This is the last week to share your thoughts on the upcoming 2016 Budget by providing your comments and suggestions to my Budget Consultation page on our website at www.councillorallanhubley.com. I will be collecting your suggestions for the month of September and information on the most common topics/issues that arise will be listed on my website as trends emerge. It is important that I have your feedback as I want to represent your thoughts and ideas accurately at City Hall.
Kanata Beer andSpirits Festival
The Kanata Beer and Spirits Festival is coming to the Hazeldean Mall (in the Target space) on October 9th and 10th! Tickets are $10 online, or $12 at the door and the event runs on Friday from 3pm-10pm (with musical guest, The Rainman) and Saturday from 11am-8pm. Details can be found at www.KanataFest.ca.
If you have other ideas for new festivals and celebrations to be held in Kanata, please let me know if we can help.
October 2nd: This is the 5th Scaring is Caring event at Saunders Farm in support of youth mental health. We are working on a shuttle bus for those interested. Information can be found on the Youth Services Bureau website, www.ysb.ca , or by emailing me at email@example.com. Hope to see you there!
October 3rd : St. Paul’s Church (20 Young Rd) is hosting a Silent Auction to support the Ruddy-Shenkman Hospice. Doors open at 3:30 and bidding closes at 6:45. Everyone is welcome. They have Senators tickets, art, jewellery, gift certificates, and more!
October 17th: The Glen Cairn United Church annual Fall Harvest Festival will be held on October 17 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm at 140 Abbeyhill Road.
Check our community calendar for more.
Working for Kanata South:
It is my privilege to serve as your Councillor. Please feel free to contact my office with any concerns or comments, by phone: 613-580-2752, or by email: Allan.Hubley@ottawa.ca. You can visit my website for more information: www.councillorallanhubley.ca or follow me on Twitter: @AllanHubley_23