- OC Transpo
- Hydro Ottawa
- Other Projects
- Road Work
- Transportation Master Plan
- Highway 417 expansion
- Hope Side Road and Eagleson Road Intersection Modification
- Roundabout at Stonehaven and Steeple Chase/Bridgestone
- Stonehaven and Eagleson Widening Project
- Stonehaven Drive and Bridlepark Drive Intersection Notice to Commence Work
- Terence Matthews Crescent: Authorization to Close Street
- Terry Fox Drive and Westphalian Avenue Proposed Modification
- Terry Fox Proposed Roadway Modification – 525 metres south of Fernbank Road
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- Abbeyhill Area Rehabilitation
- Barrow Cr. Overland Flow
- Castlefrank Rd. Regrading & Laurie Ct.
- Clarence Maheral Park Earth Berm
- Dog Bone Berm
- Hazeldean Pumping Station Improvements
- Hazeldean Road, Abbotsford Road and Morrena Road Regrading
- Inlet Control Devices
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Dunoon Place
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Oakburn Road
- Peary Way Earth Berm
- Protective Plumbing Program
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- West-End Flooding Investigation Report – January 2010
- Hazeldean Watermain
- Coyote Sightings: What to do?
- On Street Parking Regulations
- Parks and Recreation
- Pedestrian Safety Evaluation Program
- Snow Go Program
- Solid Waste Collection
- Speed Board
- Speed Humps Pilot Project
- Allan in News
- January, 2015
- 2014 Photos
- 2013 Photos
- 2012 Photos
- 2011 Photos
- About Allan
Week in Review
Program Room named after local Senior
I was my pleasure this past week to join a resident of Kanata South and long time friend of mine, Owen Prince to visit the Program room at the Kanata Senior’s Centre that has been renamed the Owen Prince Room. In the 1990’s Owen lead the effort in the lobbying of the Kanata City Council for a Kanata Seniors Centre and was key to not just raise the funds needed to ensure the Kanata Seniors Centre would be built, but his team exceeded their targets. Owen and his lovely wife Connie have been active members of the Kanata Seniors Centre for all these years and it was felt that naming the Program Room at the Seniors Centre would be the perfect way to honour him. Congratulations Owen!
Cracking up the Capital
This year’s Cracking up the Capital Comedy Festival will be taking place from February 1st-7th at various locations around the city and I am happy to be back again this year as the Festival’s Honorary Chair. The Festival raises awareness for mental health initiatives in Ottawa. This year they have added a new event and are attempting to break the Guinness World Record for most snowmen built in an hour! Be a part of history and help them raise funds for local mental health charities and community groups.
- When: Sunday, February 1st
- Where: TD Place Stadium
- Registration: 10:00 a.m.
- Record Attempt: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Post-event reception: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Bring your gently used mittens, scarves and hats to decorate your snowmen. They will be donating them to the Salvation Army to help those in need in our community!
For more information about this event or other Festival events please visit www.crackup.ca.
Saturday February 7th: I will be hosting a community breakfast (8:30am) at Don Cherry’s restaurant, located at 320 Eagleson Road. I am very excited to have Mayor Jim Watson attending as my guest speaker. Get your $15.00 tickets now at Don Cherry’s or please contact me at email@example.com
Tuesday February 10th: The west district Budget Consultation 2015 will be held from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Holy Trinity Catholic High School,180 Katimavik Road in the cafeteria.
As a reminder, residents are also welcome to submit their ideas for Budget 2015 by sending ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the Twitter hashtag #ottbudget. More information is available online at http://ottawa.ca/budget2015.
Monday March 8th: I hope you can join me for my 5th Annual International Women’s Day Celebration to be held at Don Cherry’s Kanata (320 Eagleson Rd.) from 6:30-8:30pm. Please stay tuned for further exciting details.
If you have a community event that you would advertised, please send me the details via e-mail to email@example.com and I will post in on my Community Calendar page on my website.
Working for Kanata South:
t is my privilege to serve as your Councillor. Please feel free to contact my office with any concerns or comments, by phone: 613-580-2752, or by email: Allan.Hubley@ottawa.ca. You can visit my website for more information: www.councillorallanhubley.ca or follow me on Twitter: @AllanHubley_23.