- OC Transpo
- Fernbank Trunk – TCT at Terry Fox
- Hydro Ottawa
- Monahan Drain Retrofit Project
- Other Projects
- Road Work
- Highway 417 expansion
- Hope Side Road and Eagleson Road Intersection Modification
- Roundabout at Stonehaven and Steeple Chase/Bridgestone
- Stonehaven and Eagleson Widening Project
- Stonehaven Drive and Bridlepark Drive Intersection Notice to Commence Work
- Terence Matthews Crescent: Authorization to Close Street
- Terry Fox Drive and Westphalian Avenue Proposed Modification
- Terry Fox Proposed Roadway Modification – 525 metres south of Fernbank Road
- Transportation Master Plan
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- Abbeyhill Area Rehabilitation
- Barrow Cr. Overland Flow
- Castlefrank Rd. Regrading & Laurie Ct.
- Clarence Maheral Park Earth Berm
- Dog Bone Berm
- Hazeldean Pumping Station Improvements
- Hazeldean Road, Abbotsford Road and Morrena Road Regrading
- Inlet Control Devices
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Dunoon Place
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Oakburn Road
- Peary Way Earth Berm
- Protective Plumbing Program
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- West-End Flooding Investigation Report – January 2010
- Hazeldean Watermain
- Coyote Sightings: What to do?
- On Street Parking Regulations
- Parks and Recreation
- Pedestrian Safety Evaluation Program
- Snow Go Program
- Solid Waste Collection
- Speed Board
- Speed Humps Pilot Project
- Allan in News
- January, 2015
- February, 2015
- March, 2015
- April. 2015
- May, 2015
- June 2015
- July, 2015
- August, 2015
- 2014 Photos
- 2013 Photos
- 2012 Photos
- 2011 Photos
- About Allan
Week in Review
Thank you to all the residents who came out to the opening of Crownridge Park last weekend. It was great to see so many of you enjoying the spashpad, tennis courts and playstructure at Kanata South’s newest park!
It is with great pleasure that I can announce the work at Young’s Pond Park is now completed!
This has been a four year project and could not have been even attempted without the commitment of the park neighbours who want to share their beautiful natural oasis with everyone and the generous help of our community partners: Waste Management, Thomas Cavanagh Construction, Power-Tek, and Bennett Insurance. Hydro Ottawa and Saunders Drilling also contributed to this project and helped to restore this community gem for future generations to enjoy.
On behalf of our whole community – Thank You!
The changes made include:
We have had the liner replaced so that the water does not drain from the pond providing year around enjoyment.
We now have a well ensuring a fresh stable water supply to the pond to welcome back various species like fish, birds and more.
We have a bunker installed to provide space for the hoses and shovels of the dedicated volunteers who maintain the wonderful skating surface every winter. Thank you for all the years you stored this equipment in your homes.
There is now a power source to run all these upgrades.
A circulation system has been installed to oxygenate the water so that aquatic life can be reintroduced in the pond.
Forestry has identified the many different tree species that are now clearly marked for an enjoyable stroll along the pathway or a classroom adventure.
Our local Scout/Beaver group has painted bird houses to be installed around the park.
It is certainly the hope of our sponsors and myself that families, school children and the many groups in our community will enjoy this natural treasure for many years to come. I invite you to join us on August 30th from noon to 3pm for a community BBQ and celebration!
August 29th: The Trailwest Summerfest will be taking place from 11:00am-3:00pm on the 29th. For more information, please visit www.mytrailwest.ca .
I am happy to announce that the third outdoor fitness park has been completed at Kristina Kiss park. Please join me on August 29th as we are joined by Fitness for Freedom (fitnessforfreedom.com) for the Grand Opening celebration. Grand Opening will take place at noon. Hope to see you there!
September 10-13th: Kanata Ribfest will take place at the Kanata Recreation Complex, 100 Charlie Rogers Place…details to follow as we are working on several festivals and events for our community.
Working for Kanata South:
It is my privilege to serve as your Councillor. Please feel free to contact my office with any concerns or comments, by phone: 613-580-2752, or by email: Allan.Hubley@ottawa.ca. You can visit my website for more information: www.councillorallanhubley.ca or follow me on Twitter: @AllanHubley_23