- August 2014
- OC Transpo
- Hydro Ottawa
- Other Projects
- Road Work
- Transportation Master Plan
- Highway 417 expansion
- Hope Side Road and Eagleson Road Intersection Modification
- Roundabout at Stonehaven and Steeple Chase/Bridgestone
- Stonehaven and Eagleson Widening Project
- Stonehaven Drive and Bridlepark Drive Intersection Notice to Commence Work
- Terence Matthews Crescent: Authorization to Close Street
- Terry Fox Drive and Westphalian Avenue Proposed Modification
- Terry Fox Proposed Roadway Modification – 525 metres south of Fernbank Road
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- Abbeyhill Area Rehabilitation
- Barrow Cr. Overland Flow
- Castlefrank Rd. Regrading & Laurie Ct.
- Clarence Maheral Park Earth Berm
- Dog Bone Berm
- Hazeldean Pumping Station Improvements
- Hazeldean Road, Abbotsford Road and Morrena Road Regrading
- Inlet Control Devices
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Dunoon Place
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Oakburn Road
- Peary Way Earth Berm
- Protective Plumbing Program
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- West-End Flooding Investigation Report – January 2010
- Hazeldean Watermain
- Coyote Sightings: What to do?
- On Street Parking Regulations
- Parks and Recreation
- Pedestrian Safety Evaluation Program
- Snow Go Program
- Solid Waste Collection
- Speed Board
- Speed Humps Pilot Project
- Allan in News
- April, 2014
- February, 2014
- January 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- March 2014
- May 2014
- 2013 Photos
- About Allan
The City’s Election-Related Resources Policy (ERRP) prohibits Members of Council who are seeking re-election in a municipal election from using their
office budgets and staff for newsletters and general communications from August 28,2014up to and including October 27, 2014 (known as the ‘blackout period’).
As a sitting Member of Council, I must adhere to the City’s ERRP, meaning that this website will not be updated during the blackout period. My office remains open to deal with day-to-day constituency matters.
Week in Review
It has been my pleasure to walk every street of our community this summer as I have for the last four years. This gives me the opportunity to take the pulse of the Ward and discuss with you the latest issues. We have hand delivered my regular quarterly newsletter to your home updating taxpayers on efforts that may impact you.
It was an honour to attend Agustin Tomas’ 100th birthday celebration. Agustin is an active member of the Hazeldean Mall Walkers Club there was a very large crowd celebrating with cake donated by our Community Builder – Laura Dubois of Laura’s Independent Grocer. To learn that he credits praying a lot as the secret to a long healthy life gives us all hope!
Build Strength, Better Balance!
A new fall prevention group exercise program is starting in September 2014 for adults 65+ in Ottawa.
The “Build Strength, Better Balance!” program will provide participants with:
Instruction by a certified fitness instructor to increase muscle strength, balance and coordination
Education on preventing falls provided by Ottawa Public Health nurses
There is no cost to participate in the program which is offered twice a week for 12 weeks. For more information or to register, please call Ottawa Public Health at 613-580-6744.
The Trailwest Community Association will be hosting their second annual Trailwest Summerfest on Saturday August 23rd from 11:00am-3:00 p.m.
Hope to see you at this family friendly celebration.
Back to School
The Kanata Sunrise Rotary will once again this year be collecting backpacks for students heading back to school. Once collected, the backpacks and school supplies are sent to the two local school boards for the Principals in schools in Kanata and local areas to pass on to the students that are in need. This year the Kanata Sunrise will be collecting donations on Saturday August 23rd from 8am-5pm at the Kanata Recreation Complex located at 100 Walter Baker Place.
Donations can also be dropped off to the Walmart in Centrum, Staples (Bells Corners) and Staples (Fairlawn) collecting donations for this project.
The Kanata Food Cupboard is also collecting back to school supplies for those in need. For more information please visit their website at www.kanatafoodcupboard.ca.
Submitting Service Requests to the City of Ottawa
You can now submit a service request to the City of Ottawa online! By completing a service request online, departments receive the information they need to action the issue immediately, often without any follow-up required. Residents can track all service requests related to their email address in the MyServiceOttawa account once one has been opened. Please visit www.ottawa.ca/serviceottawa to submit your next service request! Should your inquiry be of an urgent nature 311 encourages residents to phone directly at 3-1-1, as the service agent can dispatch the request immediately on the spot.
Working for Kanata South:
It is my privilege to serve as your Councillor. Please feel free to contact my office with any concerns or comments, by phone: 613-580-2752, or by email: Allan.Hubley@ottawa.ca. You can visit my website for more information: www.councillorallanhubley.ca or follow me on Twitter: @AllanHubley_23.