- OC Transpo
- Hydro Ottawa
- Other Projects
- Road Work
- Transportation Master Plan
- Highway 417 expansion
- Hope Side Road and Eagleson Road Intersection Modification
- Roundabout at Stonehaven and Steeple Chase/Bridgestone
- Stonehaven and Eagleson Widening Project
- Stonehaven Drive and Bridlepark Drive Intersection Notice to Commence Work
- Terence Matthews Crescent: Authorization to Close Street
- Terry Fox Drive and Westphalian Avenue Proposed Modification
- Terry Fox Proposed Roadway Modification – 525 metres south of Fernbank Road
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- Abbeyhill Area Rehabilitation
- Barrow Cr. Overland Flow
- Castlefrank Rd. Regrading & Laurie Ct.
- Clarence Maheral Park Earth Berm
- Dog Bone Berm
- Hazeldean Pumping Station Improvements
- Hazeldean Road, Abbotsford Road and Morrena Road Regrading
- Inlet Control Devices
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Dunoon Place
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Oakburn Road
- Peary Way Earth Berm
- Protective Plumbing Program
- Hazeldean Watermain
- Allan in News
- April 2013
- August 2012
- December 2012
- February 2013
- January 2013
- July 2012
- June 2012
- March 2013
- May 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- About Allan
KS May 16, 2013
Week in Review:
I’m pleased to announce that there will be three new bus shelters installed in Kanata South this summer. The locations of the shelters will be announced in next week’s column.
I participated in McHappy Day at McDonald’s on May 8th at both their Terry Fox/Hazeldean and Stonehaven locations.
Katimavik Elementary School is becoming a Grade 4-8 school next year, as a result the school needed to pick a new logo. Students from the different schools that will be attending Katimavik next year joined together at an assembly to conclude the competition to select the new logo. I was pleased to join the ceremony announcing the winning selection, and join with students in fellowship as they met their future classmates. Thank you to Alex MacDonald for all your help escorting me around your beautiful school today.
Cleaning the Capital:
I have been pleased to have the opportunity to join so many community groups and residents as they held their own Cleaning the Capital events this spring. I attended the clean-ups at Deevy Pines, Cattail Creek, Beaton Park, Young’s Pond, Hewitt Park, and Ravine Park. I also attended clean-ups held by The Kanata Food Cupboard, the Kanata Youth Haven, Glen Cairn School, St. James Catholic School, St. Anne Catholic School, and Holy Redeemer Catholic School.
If you held a Spring Cleaning the Capital event between April 15 and May 15 remember to register it with the City of Ottawa at Ottawa.ca/clean or by calling 3-1-1 for your chance to win one of the many prizes available. Let’s help make sure Kanata South is the Cleaning the Capital leader again this year!
June 10 – Seniors 55+ Social
Councillor Allan Hubley will host his annual Seniors 55+ Social on June 10 from 11:30-2:00pm at the Kanata Recreation Centre in Salon A. In conjunction with Chartwell-Reit and Shoppers Home Health Care, the Councillor is pleased to welcome musical guest Robin Averill. A light lunch will be served.
We are preparing our next quarterly e-newsletter to keep residents informed on activities in the ward and at city hall. To be added to the recipient list, please email my office or visit my website.
Working for Kanata South:
It is my privilege to serve as your Councillor and to be a strong voice for your family at City Hall. Please feel free to contact my office with any concerns or comments, by phone: 613-580-2752, or by email: Allan.Hubley@ottawa.ca. You can also visit my website for more information: www.councillorallanhubley.ca or follow me on Twitter: @AllanHubley_23.