- OC Transpo
- Fernbank Trunk – TCT at Terry Fox
- Hydro Ottawa
- Monahan Drain Retrofit Project
- Other Projects
- Road Work
- Highway 417 expansion
- Hope Side Road and Eagleson Road Intersection Modification
- Roundabout at Stonehaven and Steeple Chase/Bridgestone
- Stonehaven and Eagleson Widening Project
- Stonehaven Drive and Bridlepark Drive Intersection Notice to Commence Work
- Terence Matthews Crescent: Authorization to Close Street
- Terry Fox Drive and Westphalian Avenue Proposed Modification
- Terry Fox Proposed Roadway Modification – 525 metres south of Fernbank Road
- Transportation Master Plan
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- Abbeyhill Area Rehabilitation
- Barrow Cr. Overland Flow
- Castlefrank Rd. Regrading & Laurie Ct.
- Clarence Maheral Park Earth Berm
- Dog Bone Berm
- Hazeldean Pumping Station Improvements
- Hazeldean Road, Abbotsford Road and Morrena Road Regrading
- Inlet Control Devices
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Dunoon Place
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Oakburn Road
- Peary Way Earth Berm
- Protective Plumbing Program
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- West-End Flooding Investigation Report – January 2010
- Hazeldean Watermain
- Coyote Sightings: What to do?
- On Street Parking Regulations
- Parks and Recreation
- Pedestrian Safety Evaluation Program
- Snow Go Program
- Solid Waste Collection
- Speed Board
- Speed Humps Pilot Project
- Allan in News
- January, 2015
- February, 2015
- March, 2015
- April. 2015
- 2014 Photos
- 2013 Photos
- 2012 Photos
- 2011 Photos
- About Allan
Week in Review
Congratulations to the Glen Cairn Public School Grade 8 band for winning gold at the Kiwanis Music Festival- National Capital Region, this past weekend…Well Done!
Catch Basins in the Road
It’s normal for water to pool around a catch basin in wet weather. Roads are designed to drain based on the sewer capacity. While many residents are able to clear the catch basins themselves of small debris, you may create a service request to advise the City of a catch basin (drain cover) that is:
- Blocked (causing flooding on the road)
- Sunken or raised
You will be required to provide:
- The street name and number or street name and intersection closest to where the catch basin is located.
Submitting Service Requests to the City of Ottawa
You can now submit a service request to the City of Ottawa online! By completing a service request online, departments receive the information they need to action the issue immediately, often without any follow-up required. Residents can track all service requests related to their email address in the MyServiceOttawa account once one has been opened. Please visit www.ottawa.ca/serviceottawa to submit your next service request! Should your inquiry be of an urgent nature 311 encourages residents to phone directly at 3-1-1, as the service agent can dispatch the request immediately on the spot.
Tim Horton’s Cleaning the Capital
Please remember to register your clean team for the spring Clean the Capital!
Registration remains open until May 15 and projects may be completed until May 31. Visit www.ottawa.ca/clean or call 3-1-1 for more information or to register.
Capital Cleanup Weekend:
Mark your calendar for the spring Capital Cleanup Weekend scheduled for Friday, April 24 to Sunday, April 26. .
Kanata Leisure Centre Closure
Due to a mechanical failure the Leisure Centre has been unexpectedly closed. We hope that by the time you read this the KLC will be reopened however, we want to make sure that everything is up to standard before reopening.
Monday April 20th, 7:00- 9:00pm, The Oasis in Kanata will be hosting an information session on Housing and Mental Illness – For caregivers of people with symptoms of mental illness. Held at the Glen Cairn United Church (140 Abbeyhill Drive). This is a free event and all are welcome. For more information www.theoasiskanata.ca
Thursday April 23rd: Multi-Employer Career Fair will be held at the Community Employment Resource Centre (CERC), 415 Hazeldean Road. Event will be held from 1-4 pm. For more information please go to www.cercottawa.ca
For a listing of community events, please visit my website: www.councillorallanhubley.ca. If you have an event you would like posted in my events calendar, please send them in by e-mail.
Working for Kanata South:
It is my privilege to serve as your Councillor. Please feel free to contact my office with any concerns or comments, by phone: 613-580-2752, or by email: Allan.Hubley@ottawa.ca. You can visit my website for more information: www.councillorallanhubley.ca or follow me on Twitter: @AllanHubley_23.