- OC Transpo
- Hydro Ottawa
- Other Projects
- Road Work
- Transportation Master Plan
- Highway 417 expansion
- Hope Side Road and Eagleson Road Intersection Modification
- Roundabout at Stonehaven and Steeple Chase/Bridgestone
- Stonehaven and Eagleson Widening Project
- Stonehaven Drive and Bridlepark Drive Intersection Notice to Commence Work
- Terence Matthews Crescent: Authorization to Close Street
- Terry Fox Drive and Westphalian Avenue Proposed Modification
- Terry Fox Proposed Roadway Modification – 525 metres south of Fernbank Road
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- Abbeyhill Area Rehabilitation
- Barrow Cr. Overland Flow
- Castlefrank Rd. Regrading & Laurie Ct.
- Clarence Maheral Park Earth Berm
- Dog Bone Berm
- Hazeldean Pumping Station Improvements
- Hazeldean Road, Abbotsford Road and Morrena Road Regrading
- Inlet Control Devices
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Dunoon Place
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Oakburn Road
- Peary Way Earth Berm
- Protective Plumbing Program
- Hazeldean Watermain
- Coyote Sightings: What to do?
- On Street Parking Regulations
- Parks and Recreation
- Pedestrian Safety Evaluation Program
- Snow Go Program
- Solid Waste Collection
- Speed Board
- Speed Humps Pilot Project
- Allan in News
- April, 2014
- February, 2014
- January 2014
- March 2014
- 2013 Photos
- About Allan
KS – April 10, 2014
Week in Review
This week is National Volunteer Week across Canada and I have had the pleasure to attend several volunteer recognition events around the ward. As I long time volunteer myself, I know that Volunteers have an enormous impact on the health and well-being of our community.
The Kanata Food Cupboard hosted their volunteer appreciation reception this past week. The food cupboard was started in 1985 and serves between 220-300 families a month, thanks to many helping hands.
In 2008 the KFC set up 2 awards to recognize the outstanding efforts of their volunteers. This year’s volunteer group of the year went to their client booking telephone team, who receive all the client calls that come in to the food cupboard. The second award for Volunteer of the Year was awarded to Phil Waters who for many years has been a major supporter of the Kanata Food Cupboard. Congratulations to both recipients!
The Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre also held their volunteer appreciation breakfast this past week. The WOCRC has over 230 volunteers many of whom have been volunteering for over 10 years. I would like to welcome the incoming Chair of the WOCRC’s Board of Directors; Michael Merpaw and thank outgoing Chair Bob McGaraughty for his years of service with WOCRC.
Each year since 1999, the Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre has honoured one of their dedicated volunteers with the Eva James Award. This year’s recipient was Bob McGaraughty who has been the Chair of the WOCRC’s Board of Directors for the past 3 years. Congratulations Bob on receiving this award.
We are fortunate to have so many great volunteer organizations within our community and I would like to thank all the Kanata volunteers for their dedication to helping others.
Vanstone and Belleview West End Flood Mitigation Public Information Session
There will be a public information session for residents on the upcoming work that will be completed in the area this year. The meeting will be held on Wednesday April 30th at the Kanata Recreation Complex in Hall C. Please note the meeting will be from 7:00-9:00pm with a presentation beginning at 7:30 pm.
- ·Saturday April 12th Scott Woods Old Time Jubilee will be taking place at the Glen Cairn United Church. The performance is at 7pm and tickets are $25 for adults, $10 kids (6-12) and kids 5 and under are free. Tickets are on sale at the Glen Cairn United Church or you can call 613-836-5550. For more information you can go to www.scottwoods.ca.
Working for Kanata South:
It is my privilege to serve as your Councillor. Please feel free to contact my office with any concerns or comments, by phone: 613-580-2752, or by email: Allan.Hubley@ottawa.ca. You can visit my website for more information: www.councillorallanhubley.ca or follow me on Twitter: @AllanHubley_23.