- OC Transpo
- Hydro Ottawa
- Other Projects
- Road Work
- Transportation Master Plan
- Highway 417 expansion
- Hope Side Road and Eagleson Road Intersection Modification
- Roundabout at Stonehaven and Steeple Chase/Bridgestone
- Stonehaven and Eagleson Widening Project
- Stonehaven Drive and Bridlepark Drive Intersection Notice to Commence Work
- Terence Matthews Crescent: Authorization to Close Street
- Terry Fox Drive and Westphalian Avenue Proposed Modification
- Terry Fox Proposed Roadway Modification – 525 metres south of Fernbank Road
- West End Flood Investigation Action Plan
- Abbeyhill Area Rehabilitation
- Barrow Cr. Overland Flow
- Castlefrank Rd. Regrading & Laurie Ct.
- Clarence Maheral Park Earth Berm
- Dog Bone Berm
- Hazeldean Pumping Station Improvements
- Hazeldean Road, Abbotsford Road and Morrena Road Regrading
- Inlet Control Devices
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Dunoon Place
- Overland Drainage Improvements at Oakburn Road
- Peary Way Earth Berm
- Protective Plumbing Program
- Hazeldean Watermain
- Coyote Sightings: What to do?
- Parks and Recreation
- Pedestrian Safety Evaluation Program
- Snow Go Program
- Solid Waste Collection
- Speed Board
- Speed Humps Pilot Project
- Allan in News
- April 2013
- August 2012
- August 2013
- December 2012
- February 2013
- January 2013
- July 2012
- July 2013
- June 2012
- June 2013
- March 2013
- May 2013
- November 2012
- November 2013
- October 2012
- October 2013
- September 2012
- September 2013
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- About Allan
November 28, 2013
Week in Review:
I am pleased to announce that the re-surfacing of Eagleson Rd. is now complete. All traffic light sensors have returned to normal and there should no longer be traffic delays along Eagleson.
Rehabilitation work will be undertaken on the Stony Swamp Conservation Area wooden boardwalk from Tuesday, November 12 until the end of December 2013, between 7 am and 5 pm (weather permitting). Two sections of trail 25 (a 10-metre section and a 60-metre section) will be affected.
It is important to note that trails will remain accessible while the work is being done. On-site signage will identify the closed sections and the detours to take during the closures. Please note that this information is also available at the following link: http://www.ncc-ccn.gc.ca/places-to-visit/parks-paths-parkways/news/2013-11-08/rehabilitation-of-greenbelt-trail-boardwalks
As part of the second phase of the West End Flood Mitigation program, work has recently been completed on the re-grading of the intersection of Morrena Road & Abbotsford Road plus the re-grading of a ditch on Morrena Road.
Also, the majority of the work has been completed on the Glamorgan Major Drainage Improvements project which involved the lowering of the existing roadway on Glamorgan Drive between Uxbridge Crescent and Castlefrank Road to improve the management of storm water runoff in this area by constructing additional surface storage. Some final landscaping and paving work will be completed in the Spring of 2014.
Construction of the Rickey Place Park berm is well underway. While we will have the protection from the berm and the repairs to the waterway done, the final touches including grass and the paved walkway may be delayed until spring if the weather does not cooperate.
2013 OC Transpo/Loblaw Annual Christmas Food Drive
Saturday December 7th, 9:00am-6:00pm. More than 500 City of Ottawa employee volunteers and their families will help accept food and cash donations at 18 locations of Loblaws®, Loblaw greatfood®, Real Canadian Superstore®, and participating Your Independent Grocer® stores around Ottawa. In Kanata, you can drop off your donations at either: Loblaws in the Centrum or The Superstore on Eagleson.
Community Wagon Rides
Please join me on December 17th and 18th between 6-8pm, for holiday wagon rides through our community! This is a wonderful opportunity to spend time with your loved ones and enjoy all of the beautiful Christmas lights. The wagon ride on December 17th will leave from St. Martin de Porres School, at 20 McKitrick Dr.
On December 18th we will be running the wagon rides from 6-8pm leaving from Castlefrank Elementary School. which is located at 55 McCurdy Dr. Hope to see you then!
Working for Kanata South:
It is my privilege to serve as your Councillor. Please feel free to contact my office with any concerns or comments, by phone: 613-580-2752, or by email: Allan.Hubley@ottawa.ca. You can visit my website for more information: www.councillorallanhubley.ca or follow me on Twitter: @AllanHubley_23.